The Squirrel Jumping and Flying Academy offers a monthly subscription with jumping tips. Every subscriber also has the chance to get one review of his or her practical skills per month.
This means that after purchase, they see a Review Voucher in their account. It expires are 30 days if not used. Then, a new voucher will appear (after the new month’s payment) – again valid for one month.
Extensions needed to create this functionality:
- WooCommerce Subscriptions
- WooCommerce Smart Coupons
- WooCommerce Bookings (optional, only needed if customers are supposed to book their time)
Smart Coupons allows you to create coupon codes unique to your customers which then will show up on their account, like this:
To set this up, you need to create
- 1 simple subscription product, which creates the monthly coupon
- 1 smart coupon (renews monthly)
- 1 bookeable product to schedule the sessions (optional)
You’ll have to create those in revers order
Step one: the Bookeable Product (or the products that can be bought with the vouchers)
Create this if you want to allow your customers to choose the day of their review.
Step two: the Smart Coupon
Note the following:
- the 100 percent discount allows your customers to book the session for free
- the validity makes sure the coupon expires as expected
- autogeneration means the code is unique for each customer
To make sure the coupon can’t be misused, restrict it to the product you just created and limit the usage to once per user.
Step three: the simple subscription product
Here the important information is the code that will be generated upon purchase:
The customer adds the subscription to the cart. After the purchase they have now
- a monthly subscription
- a coupon code to book a coaching session.
When booking a session, this is how the cart looks. The coupon will disappear after use and reappear the next month, with a different code.
Note how in this case the subscription worth $12 allows to purchase a product that usually retails for $15. Yet another reason for the customer to use the subscription instead.